Many people describe Depression like being in a “Black Hole” and unable to see a way out. I have experience of working with:
- Reactive Depression: This can happen as a result of a loss e.g a death in the family, loss of job or other difficult events in ones life.
- Bi Polar Mood Disorder: This is a chemical imbalance and shows itself as fluctuating moods of sometimes extreme highs and lows.
- Endogenous Depression is also chemical and manifests itself in low mood.
I use Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) while working with all types of depression and have found this (cbt) framework to be very effective in the treatment of depression.
Other services include
- Low self-esteem
- Suicidal thoughts and self harming
- Anxiety disorder and panic attacks
- Loss and bereavement
Please feel free to send me an email with any questions you may have and with a view to setting up your first appointment.